From time to time, you may enter in a new Strain Name incorrectly.
If your Canix account is not connected to Metrc, you can easily update your Strains anytime.
If your Canix account is connected to Metrc, you will need to follow the steps below to update.
Updating Strains in Metrc
If you just created the incorrect Strain name, first check and confirm if that data has already been submitted to Metrc by navigating to Admin > Metrc Submissions > All. If yes, you will need to take the following steps in Metrc.
- In Metrc, navigate to Admin (located in the middle of the top menu bar).
- Select Strains from the drop-down menu.
- Click Add Strains to create the new, correct Strain.
- Type in the correct Strain name - carefully double-check for accuracy! At this step, you can also add the Testing Status, which includes the CBD/THC content for that Strain (if known or applicable). Specify the ratio of Indica and Sativa. There is also a Check all box included that allows you to duplicate this Strain across all of your connected Metrc licenses.
- Once you have created the new Strain, you will need to make sure the old, incorrect Strain is no longer being used. If the incorrect Strain name shows No under the Used column, skip to step 9.
- Next, you'll need to update any existing Plants/Plant Batches to use the correct Strain. Navigate to Plants from the top menu bar and open the tab with those plants.
- Click on Change Strains.
- Begin typing and select the Plant Batch name that needs to be updated, then type in the newly-created, correct Strain name and select. Click Update Strain. Repeat this process as necessary for any other Plants/Plant Batches with the incorrect Strain name.