As part of setting up Canix with Metrc, you will need to access your Metrc API key. This will enable Canix to send and retrieve data from your Metrc account. Canix is listed as a validated third-party Metrc provider under the name “Entrc Inc. DBA Canix” and all submissions made from Canix will show in Metrc as being submitted via "Canix.com".
This article covers:
- Find your Metrc API Key
- View Facility API Keys
- Update Facility API Keys
- View User API Keys
- Update User API Keys
Find your Metrc API Key (in Metrc)
On the web:
- Log in to your Metrc account
- Select your user profile on the top right side of the page
- Select API Keys
- Click Generate
- Copy the entire Current API Key
- Save this key in a safe place, follow the instructions in the next two sections to connect your Metrc and Canix instance
View Current Facility API Keys (in Canix)
To view your current Facility API Keys assigned in Canix, navigate to Admin > Facility Management.
Update Facility API Keys (in Canix)
First, check that the correct permissions are available with these steps.
- In the Canix web application, navigate to Admin > Integrations
- Input the facility's API key in the box Paste your API key here...
- Using the checkboxes next to each license, select the facility or facilities you wish to update
- Click Update Selected Facilities
If the Metrc API Key you have input does not get green checks for all sections, you may want to confirm if the correct permissions are enabled in Metrc before using Update Selected Facilities in Canix. Please note: Some licenses will not have access to certain sections, such as Distribution Licenses not having permission for Plants, which is expected. Troubleshooting: Metrc API Key Errors
View Current User API Keys (in Canix)
To view your current User API Keys assigned in Canix, navigate to Admin > User Management. These can be updated or edited by following the steps below.
Update User API Keys (in Canix)
Canix uses an individual's Metrc API Key to correlate the work they are doing in Canix with the associated submissions sent into Metrc. You can track the Canix user who submitted these requests under Admin > Metrc Submissions > All.
To ensure that Metrc submissions are tied to the user who submitted it from Canix, rather than the facility, you can assign each user their Metrc API Key from their Metrc account to their Canix user.
Using the steps above in "Find your Metrc API Key", have each employee provide you with their unique Metrc API Key
Navigate to the User Management page
Click the user's name
Add the key under Metrc API Key
- For any Canix User that has permission to submit directly to Metrc but does not have their own Metrc User Key assigned to them in Canix, their submissions will show in Metrc with the name of the Facility Key owner. This is not compliant and is why each Canix User should have their own Metrc User Key assigned if they will be submitting directly to Metrc.