This article covers:
Find your Metrc API Key
As part of setting up Canix, you will need to access your Metrc API key. This will enable Canix to send and retrieve data from your Metrc account. Canix is listed as a validated third-party Metrc provider under the name “Entrc”.
On the web:
- Log in to your Metrc account
- Select your user profile on the top right side of the page
- Select API Keys
- Click Generate
- Copy the entire Current API Key
- Save this key in a safe place, follow the instructions in the next two sections to connect your Metrc and Canix instance
Update Facility API keys
First, check that the correct permissions are available with these steps.
- In the Canix web application, navigate to Admin > Integrations
- Input the facility's API key in the box Paste your API key here...
- Using the checkboxes next to each license, select the facility or facilities you wish to update
- Click Update Selected Facilities
Update User API keys
Canix uses an individual's API key to correlate the work they are doing to your inventory, with the associated Metrc submissions.
You can track the Canix user who submitted these requests under Admin > Metrc Submissions > All. To ensure that Metrc submissions are tied to the user who submitted it from Canix, rather than the facility, you can assign each user their Metrc API key from their Metrc account to their Canix user.
Using the steps above in "Find your Metrc API Key", have each employee provide you with their unique API key
Navigate to the User Management page
Click the user's name
Add the key under Metrc API Key