This article covers:
- Metrc API Key Error Messaging
- Metrc Refresh Data Error Messaging
- Testing an API Key
- User API Key Errors
- Facility API Key Errors
Metrc API Key Error Messaging
Metrc API keys will refresh by default after a given period of time, usually 1 year. When this happens, you will get an error message on your account directing you to update the expired key. Canix now has a warning system to help ensure that your data is always successfully synced with Metrc. If your facility or user key expires or is no longer connected as expected, you will see a red warning banner at the top of your account.
- If a facility key is affected, you can easily confirm which key is expired by clicking the text in the warning. It will direct you to your Integrations > Metrc page where you can scan your facilities. The affected facilities will be highlighted in yellow.
- If a user's key is affected you will be directed to the Admin > User Management page where you can scan your user's keys. The affected user(s) will be highlighted in yellow.
Metrc Refresh Data Error Messaging
When refreshing your Metrc data, if you see a red X or yellow warning sign do not be alarmed. These indicate that Metrc is currently experiencing slowness or downtime that is affecting our ability to fetch data from your Metrc account. In most instances, we see this get resolved within 5 minutes. We suggest you exit from this screen and attempt to refresh your Metrc data again in a few minutes.
If the issue persists, please follow the steps below to Test an API Key to ensure that your Metrc API Key has access to the sections you are seeing a red X for. If you are able to confirm this via the steps below and are still unable to Refresh, please reach out to Canix Support so we can take a closer look.
Testing an API Key
This feature in Canix allows you to enter your Metrc API Key and view the permissions that are enabled/disabled in Metrc. Depending on your license type, some permissions may be permanently restricted by Metrc. For example, Distributors may not have access to Plants permissions.
From the Web Application:
Go to Admin > Integrations.
Paste Metrc API Key in the box titled Metrc API Key. If it is a valid Metrc API Key, it will be indicated by the green checkmark at the end of the box.
- As shown below, you will see what permissions have been enabled for this facility indicated by the green checkmark. The red triangle indicates that permission is disabled in Metrc for that facility. If you are testing a specific user's key, that user may not have access to that section enabled in Metrc.
Metrc's user permissions view only by default. To update, you can enable the necessary permissions in Metrc from Admin > Employees and Edit the employee with the API key being used.
Once you have updated these permissions in Metrc, you can recheck your API permissions on this page for all checkmarks. Check the box next to the facility and select Update Selected Facilities to add a new API key to facilities in Canix.
User API Key Errors
User API Keys are tied directly to the User's account (not the company or facility) in User Management.
- If you have successfully assigned all Canix users to their own unique Metrc API key, their Metrc submissions will show under their name.
- If you have Requires Review on Submission turned on for any Canix Users, their Submissions will show in Metrc as submitted by the Canix Admin who approved them.
- The Metrc account owner/admin must use their Metrc API Key as the facility key in Canix.
Facility API Key Errors
The following permissions must be enabled to ensure seamless communication between Canix and Metrc.
- Manage Packages Page
- Manage Transfers Page
- Manage Sales Menu
- Manage Tag Orders
- Manage Tags
- Manage Strains
- Manage Items
If you see red warning signs, ensure that you have access to the facility. Your Metrc super admin can review your permissions by following these steps:
- Log into your Metrc instance
- Click Admin > Employees
- Click Edit Employees
- Select the affected employee
- Update the permissions accordingly
- Save changes