This article covers:
Metrc API Key Error Messaging
Metrc API keys will refresh by default after a given period of time. When this happens you will get an error message on your account directing you to update the expired key. Canix now has a warning system in place to help ensure that your data is always successfully being synced with Metrc. If your facility or user key expires or is no longer connected as expected, you will see a red warning sign at the top of your account.
- If a facility key is affected you can easily confirm which key is expired by clicking the text in the warning. It will direct you to your Integrations > Metrc page where you can scan your facilities. The affected facilities will be highlighted in yellow.
- If a user's key is affected you will be directed to the Admin > User Management page where you can scan your user's keys. The affected user(s) will be highlighted in yellow.
Testing an API Key
This feature in Canix allow you to enter your Metrc API Key and view the permissions that are enabled/disabled in Metrc. Depending on your license type, some permissions may be permanently restricted by Metrc. For example, Distributors may not have access to Plants permissions.
From the Web Application:
Go to Admin > Integrations.
Paste Metrc API Key in the box titled Metrc API Key. If it is a valid Metrc API Key, it will be indicated by the green checkmark at the end of the box.
- As shown below, you will see what permissions have been enabled for this facility indicated by the green checkmark. The red triangle indicates the permission is disabled in Metrc for that facility.
Once you have updated these permissions in Metrc, you can recheck your API permissions on this page for all checkmarks. Check the box next to the facility and select Update Selected Facilities to add a new API key to facilities in Canix.
User API Key Errors
- This API key is tied directly to the User's account (not the company or facility).
- The Metrc super admin should use their user key as the facility key.
- If you have successfully attributed all users to their own unique API key, their Metrc submissions will show under their name.
Facility API Key Errors
The following permissions must be enabled to ensure seamless communication between Canix and Metrc.
- Manage Packages Page
- Manage Transfers Page
- Manage Sales Menu
- Manage Tag Orders
- Manage Tags
- Manage Strains
- Manage Items
If you see red warning signs, ensure that you have access to the facility. Your Metrc super admin can review your permissions by,
- Log into your Metrc instance
- Click Admin > Employees
- Select the affected employee
- Click Edit Employees
- Update the permissions accordingly