Once you have physically received your Metrc tags, you'll need to confirm receipt in Metrc. After you've done this, Canix will sync them from your Metrc instance - this will happen overnight, or you can force this with the Refresh Metrc Data button in the bottom left corner of Canix. Finally, update your Package Tag Prefix within Facility Management following the steps below.
If you haven't completed this step yet, you may notice a banner at the top of your Canix screen, warning you that Facility Tag prefixes are not set (click the banner in Canix to jump to Step 3).
Find your Package Tag Prefix
Before you can update your Package Tag Prefix, you'll first need to find out what it is. Remember, the Package Tag Prefix is only the first 16 digits of your Package Tag.
There are two methods to find this:
Find a Physical Package Tag
To update your Package Tag Prefix, you can find a Package Tag from that specific facility and use that to carefully type the first 16 digits into Canix to update. Make sure you are using a Package Tag and not a Plant Tag, and always confirm the License number matches what you are updating.
Log into Metrc
Alternatively, if you are a Metrc Admin, you can find and update this by logging into Metrc.
- Once logged in, select the correct License to be updated from the right-side drop-down
- Navigate to Admin > Tags
- Click on the Available tab
- On the "Type column, click the three dots to open the filter menu
- Click Filter > under Contains, type Package > and click Filter (this will only show Package Tags)
- On the left side, right-click the first available tag > Copy to Clipboard > click the tag number
- The Package Tag number has now been copied to your clipboard and can be pasted elsewhere
- Follow the steps below to use the first 16 digits only to update your Package Tag Prefix
Update Package Tag Prefix
From the Canix Web Application:
- Navigate to Admin > Facility Management
- Locate the Facility you will be adding the Package Tag Prefix for
- Click on the blue Facility Name to open the Edit panel
- In the Package Tag Prefix box, enter your unique prefix - make sure you are referencing your Package Tags, not your Plant Tags
- Click Update