Use Canix's Adjust Packages feature to record adjustments for Package waste, moisture loss, spillage, loss of product, or simply to adjust the weight of a Package for any reason without altering anything else. This can be done on a single Package, or it can be done in bulk to adjust multiple Packages at once to help save you time and move through your processes more efficiently. The process is the same for both Metrc and non-Metrc facilities, but some steps or language may vary.
In this article, we'll cover:
After adjusting Packages down to 0, you can use Finish Packages to remove them from your inventory.
On the Web Application:
- Navigate to Inventory > Packages > Active
- Select a single Package, or select multiple Packages simultaneously to adjust in bulk
- We suggest using filters to narrow your search (by Tag, Item, Strain, etc)
- To select multiple sequential packages at once, make your first selection then hold down the shift key when you select the last package in the grouping
- Select Actions > Adjust Packages
- Complete all required fields:
- Date Adjusted
- Reason for Adjustment
- Notes (optional)
- You must select Apply after updating each field to apply these changes
- When adjusting multiple packages, this applies the changes to all packages at once; this step is not necessary if only adjusting one package
- If you are adjusting multiple Packages at once but want each Package to have different Adjustment Details, you can skip this step and simply click into each Package to edit separately as seen in a later step
- If you'd like to adjust additional Packages at the same time, select Add Package to add another
- As seen above, click the box containing the Package tag to edit the Package Quantity to add or remove quantity; carefully repeat this process using the steps below for each Package
- Under Adjustment Type, select whether to add to or subtract from this package's quantity
- There are 2 ways to log the adjustment:
- Enter the Adjustment Quantity (amount being added or subtracted, depending on your selection above) which will automatically calculate to update the New Quantity
- Or, just enter the New Quantity which will automatically calculate the Adjusted Quantity in the gray text below
Option 1: Enter Adjustment Quantity Option 2: Enter New Quantity
- If you have already entered and applied Adjustment Details on the main page, these will pre-fill when editing per Package; if you are adjusting multiple Packages, this window will allow you to apply different Adjustment Details to each Package if needed
- After logging the changes in quantity, select Save
- Repeat these steps for each package
- Once completed, carefully review all details for accuracy
- If everything is correct, select Submit
View Package Adjustments
There are two ways to view Package Adjustments in Canix, either from Reporting or Active Packages.
- Navigate to Reporting > Inventory > Package Adjustments to view all Package Adjustments submitted in Canix. You can also use the report's filters to narrow your results; simply apply filters at the top and then click the circular arrow to apply them.
- Navigate to Inventory > Packages > View: Active and search for your adjusted Package tag. Click on the Package Tag to open the Package Detail window and then select See Activity History. From the Activity History page, you'll be able to see any Package Adjustments.