This feature is specific to CA customers only. Customers outside CA, see section Non-CA Customers.
Package Unrooted Clones is used to create a Package of clones/cuttings from a Plant Batch. This can be done with 1 Plant Batch to create 1 Package or this can be done in bulk with multiple Plant Batches to create multiple Packages at once.
- This action will not deduct from the total number in the source batch
- It will result in 1 new Package of Clones/Cuttings for each Plant Batch used
After creation, you can use the new Package(s) to create new Plant Batch(es) from those clones/cuttings. If you have a nursery license, you can also either sell or transfer that Package outside your facility, but this is not frequently done as the cuttings are weaker and less reliable at that stage than rooted Plants.
In this article, we'll cover:
To learn about packaging Immature Plants to sell or transfer, see Package Plantings.
Package Unrooted Clones
On the Web Application:
- Navigate to Plants > Plant Batches > View: Active
- Use the filters to narrow down your search (by Plant Batch Tag, Strain, Location, etc.)
- Once filtered, check the boxes next to 1 or more Plant Batches to select them to Package from
- To select multiple consecutive Plant Batches, make your first selection then hold shift when selecting the last one
- Each Plant Batch you select must contain at least 1 Immature Plant
- Select Actions > Package Unrooted Clones
- On the left side of the screen, complete the Planting Summary details
- Complete all required fields:
- Starting Package Tag: This will auto-populate with the next available tag
- Location: Of the new Package(s)
- Lot ID: Optional Lot ID (Canix only) to track process from seed to sale in Reporting
- Packaged Date
- On the right side of the screen, click into each Package to add the correct Item type if not already pre-filled, as seen above
- Package Item: Select an Item that matches this Strain and Item Type, such as "Strawberry SB OG - Clones" in this example
- Planting Count: Adjust the number of cuttings you wish to Package
- Note that this does not deduct anything from the Plant Batch
- Select Save
- If you are creating multiple Packages, you will see a confirmation message, "Apply this item to all packages matching this strain?"
- If all Packages of this Strain use the same Item, select Yes; if some Packages use a different Item, select No
- To adjust Item or Planting Count of the other Packages, click each Package to repeat the steps
- Verify everything looks correct
- Select Submit
View Packaged Clones
On the Web Application, navigate to:
- Inventory > Packages > View: Active
On the Mobile Application, navigate to:
- Packages > Active Inventory: See More > Filter by Item
Track Package Unrooted Clones/Cuttings from your Submissions page in the Canix Web Application.
- Navigate to Admin > Metrc Submissions > All to review or check the status of your submissions to Metrc. If the submission status is Failed, click on the submission name to see the Metrc error message.
- Navigate to Admin > User Submissions > All
The feature in this article is specific to CA customers only, as CA is required to use a Package Tag to first package clones before using it to create a new Plant Batch.
Customers in states other than CA will simply use an existing Mother Plant to create a new Plant Batch of clones. Follow the steps in the articles below to complete this: