Invoices can be generated from sales orders in Canix to be viewed and printed from your QuickBooks Online account. The following steps outline how to create a QuickBooks invoice through Canix.
- Connect your QuickBooks Online Account
- Creating QuickBooks Invoices from Sales Orders
- Adding Customers
- Training Video
Connect your QuickBooks Online Account
- Navigate to Admin > Integrations > QuickBooks Online
- Select the Connect to QuickBooks button on the right to sign in to your account
There are two options for logging into your Quickbooks account: Quickbooks Online and Quickbooks Online - Company Wide.
- Quickbooks Online will only give the Admin who configured the integration the ability to submit Quickbooks invoices from Canix.
- Quickbooks Online - Company Wide gives all employees within your Canix instance the ability to submit Quickbooks invoices. If you have multiple Sales Represeatnives we suggest using this option to streamline your workflow.
Creating QuickBooks Invoices from Sales Orders
After you've created a sales order, open the existing sales order to now view options to generate invoices, record payments and create transfers.
- Hover over Generate Invoice and select Create QuickBooks Invoice.
- Assign QuickBooks products to each product on your sales order with the Select QuickBooks Item link seen below the Canix item.
- Enter the Send Invoice To email, Invoice Date, Payment Due Date, Delivery Date and Internal Notes (optional).
Search or select the QuickBooks customer in the customer details on the right
- Once all fields have been filled out, click Send to create the invoice in QuickBooks.
- The following fields will be created on the invoice and can be edited in QuickBooks: Invoice Date, Due Date, Shipping Date, QuickBooks and Canix Product, Item Quantity, Unit Price, Item Total, Discounts, Shipping and Subtotals.
If the customer already exists in your QuickBooks instance, you can easily add them to Canix so that the Sales Orders match up.
- In the upper right of the customer detail on the Create Invoice screen, you'll see Quickbooks Customer
- Click Create Quickbooks Customer
- Fill in the required fields
We'll save that association the next time you send an invoice to that customer.
More information on this process can be found in this training video,