Invoices are generated from Sales Orders in Canix to be viewed and printed from your QuickBooks Online account. The following steps outline how to create a QuickBooks invoice through Canix.
Before continuing, ensure your QuickBooks Online account is connected by following these steps.
Creating QuickBooks Invoices from Sales Orders
- After creating a Sales Order, Navigate to the Invoice section of the Sales Order or the Sales Order side panel.
- Select Configure New Invoice
Note: If an Invoice has already been created for the Sales Order continue to the next step.
- Once the Invoice has been created, select Invoice Actions > Create QB Online Invoice
- You will then be prompted to select the QuickBooks Company you would like to connect and create the invoice in. Select the QuickBooks Company from the drop down menu, select Continue
Selecting a company is required in order to populate the QBO customers and line items to choose from. If you skipped selecting a company, retry creating a QBO invoice to select a company before moving on.
Note: After an initial Invoice has been created for this particular customer, the QuickBooks Company will prefill with the company chosen for the last QBO invoice used for this customer.
- Navigate to the QuickBooks Customer box in the top left to search and select an existing QuickBooks Customer or create a new QuickBooks customer.
Note: If creating a new QuickBooks Customer, Canix will save the association of the Company and Facility to this Customer to be used the next tine you send an invoice to that customer.
- Assign QuickBooks Items to each Item on your Sales Order using the Select QBO Item link seen below the Canix item. Search and select existing QBO Items or create a new OBO Item. Once an Item is associated, select Submit. Complete this process for all Items on the Invoice.
- "Associate with this Canix Item for future Invoices" - Next time this Item is listed on an Invoice for this particular QBO company it will associate with this Canix Item.
- All Sales Order data will prefill for the Invoice. Note below some additional options:
- "Show Package Details" - Selecting this box will include the Package Tag, Item, Strain and/or Production Batch on the invoice.
- "Show Cultivation Tax" - Only an option for California Facilities - Selecting this option will show Cultivation Taxes as a line Item.
- Enter an Invoice Date
- Once all fields have been completed, select Send to create the invoice in QuickBooks.
- After the Invoice has been created, you can now navigate to Invoice Actions > View "QBO Company Name" Invoice to view the Invoice.
The following fields will be created on the invoice and can be edited in QuickBooks: Invoice Date, Due Date, Shipping Date, QuickBooks and Canix Item, Item Quantity, Unit Price, Item Total, Discounts, Shipping and Subtotals.
More information on this process can be found in this training video,