If a customer returns/rejects part of an order, follow these steps to reconcile your records in Canix.
More information about creating Sales Orders can be found here.
Non Metrc Users can skip ahead to: Update the Sales Order
Metrc Users: Refresh Metrc Data
On the Canix Web Application:
- Click Refresh Metrc Data in the bottom left corner of the screen
- Select the boxes for Packages and Outgoing Transfers
- Click Sync to refresh that data
- For more detailed instructions, check out Data Sync Between Metrc and Canix
Update the Sales Order
To reconcile the associated Sales Order, please follow the steps below in Canix:
- Navigate to Sales > Sales Orders
- Open the Sales Order associated with the refund/return
- Locate the item that was returned and select the 3 dots next to that item, then select Mark as Returned
- A side panel will pop-up asking to confirm what packages of that item were returned. Select all that apply or Select All Packages. Once packages are selected you can choose the Return Date and Return Reason/Internal notes for each → Mark as Returned → Save
- The Sales Order will now be updated to a Status of Partially Returned and next to your packages that you returned you will see Returned. The return reason can be viewed when hovering over the Return label. Save your Sales Order again to solidify changes.
- The Sales Order amounts have been updated to reflect the returned packages and those packages have been returned to your Active Inventory within Canix.
- There is now the option available to generate a Credit Memo to provide to your customers under Credit Memo > Share Credit Memo > Create New Credit Memo. Credit memos will only display the items and packages returned to provide your customer a new total to be paid, or the amount to be refunded if payments have already been received on the sales order.
- If you previously recorded a payment to this Sales Order the customer will now have a credit within Canix (if no payments were recorded on this sales order a credit will not be reflected).
- Once those steps are complete, click Save
- You can also create a new invoice by clicking Invoice Actions > Create New Invoice to create an updated invoice that excludes the rejected Package(s)
Note: The packages will not become available to sell from the sales order until you press Save to confirm the changes.