Sales representatives often discuss specific packages or lots with their customers based on test results, harvest batches, and more. To make selling easier, Canix allows sales reps to request part of a package, internal Lot ID, or production batch when creating a sales order. Packaging and fulfillment teams can view requested packages, lots or production batches as they split and add packages from the sales order. Saving a requested source does not split requested packages or allocate packages to the sales order. This is meant for internal communication purposes between teams to understand what inventory was discussed with and sold to this customer.
To request and view requested sources on sales orders, follow the steps below.
Requesting a Source
As a sales rep, you can search products to place on a sales order before viewing the packages, lot IDs or production batches available. Note that any quantities displayed in the sales order product search are the full Active packaged quantity, which also includes quantities already allocated or requested on sales orders.
- Navigate to Sales > Sales Orders > Actions > Create Order
- Add a customer and begin searching for products by item name. Select Save to begin requesting packages, lot IDs or production batch
- Once saved, select the 3 dots to the left of the item name and select Request Source
- On the side panel that appears, choose whether to view available inventory by Package Tag, Lot ID or Production Batch. Requested quantities from other orders will be visible in parenthesis next to each source quantity, but will not be deducted from the quantities when requested. Only unallocated package quantities will be visible in the side panel.
- Viewing this side panel after saving your initial requested source? Current quantities on this sales order will be reflected in the requested source quantities if reopening this Request Source panel after saving previously.
5. Select one or more packages, lot IDs or production batches for the fulfillment team to use when allocating packages to this order and select Save
- Search for package tags, production batches or lot IDs to filter the list of inventory to request from.
- To view inventory marked available to sell only, select the option to “Show packages available to sell only” above the search bar to narrow results.
6. Line item quantities on the sales order will be included in the requested quantity in parentheses when viewing the Request Source side panel once you’ve initially saved your request.
or Filled will be included in the requested quantities in parentheses.
Fulfilling Sales Orders with a Requested Source
Requesting a package on sales orders makes fulfilling orders much quicker. As a user adding packages to a sales order, follow the steps below to use inventory requested by the sales rep.
- Navigate to the sales order to be fulfilled > select Add Packages below a product name
- If the sales rep selected package tags when specifying a source, the packages requested will be auto-selected and pinned to the top of the Add Packages side panel. These packages can be split by selecting the 3 dots to the right of the tag number, or added to the order with the full packaged quantity.
- If the sales rep requested a lot ID or production batch, packages with the requested lot IDs or production batch will be auto-selected and pinned to the top of the allocated packages section.
- Select any package that matches the requested lot ID or production batch to allocate the full package, or to split the package to the correct line item quantity.
- Select Save to add packages in the allocated package section to your order.