This article is specific to California only. The CCA has revised the process of submitting track and trace data. To know if you need to provide anything to the CCA, check to see if you are operating in a CCA member jurisdiction.
In this article, we'll cover:
- Monthly Transfers Report
- Downloading your CCA Report from Canix
- Including Pricing Information on CCA Reports
Monthly Transfers Report
Unfortunately, Metrc does not record pricing information for outbound transactions by cultivators or provide access to outbound pricing information for other licensee types, except for one specific situation, explained below. Consequently, licensees in CCA member counties need to supplement data provided by the API with a monthly report which reconciles pricing, weight, and quantity information on all outbound transfers.
- The report is due the first of every month for the preceding month's transfers (e.g., due by January 1 for December's transactions). Check with your licensing County to confirm when the submission is due to avoid any late penalties. Instructions for completing the form are included in the spreadsheet.
- Please submit your report to email@example.com.
- Click here to download the Streamlined Transfer Report.
Downloading your CCA Report from Canix
To download the CCA Report from your Canix account:
- Log into Canix on the web, ensuring you have access to all licenses to be reported on
- Navigate to Reporting > Sales > CCA Report (CA)
- In the top left of the report, select the Arrival Date range and the Facility Name you wish to view it for
- After updating those filters, you must click the reload icon (circular arrow) in the top right corner to apply the filters
- Click the three dots ... in the top right corner and Download to save a copy of the file
- Select your file format (PDF or CSV) and Download
For pricing information on your report, please see the sections below regarding Pricing Information Columns and Including Pricing Information on CCA Reports
Pricing Information Columns
Pricing information on the CCA Report can be captured and shown for up to 3 columns of the report when scrolling to the left side. These columns are:
Sales Price - The price applied to packages allocated on a Sales Order within Canix. Copy this price to the Shipper and Receiver price columns if there is no pricing available from your Metrc manifests. This column doesn't need to be submitted to the CCA and can be removed from your export. To see prices in this column, please review and enable the setting explained below in Including Pricing Information on CCA Reports.
Shipper Dollar Amount - Any wholesale transfers with prices set per package in Metrc will populate the package's pricing from the transfer. This requires that the price is set on the Metrc Manifest directly.
Receiver Dollar Amount - Any wholesale transfers with prices set per package in Metrc will populate the package's pricing from the transfer. This requires that the price is set on the Metrc Manifest directly.
Shipper Dollar Amount & Receiver Dollar Amount columns will only populate with pricing data in one specific situation - in a Distributor license when using the Metrc transfer type "Wholesale Manifest", the only type that requires price per package be included.
If you are not using a "Wholesale Manifest" or are using a license type other than Distributor, you can choose to utilize the Sales Price column by reviewing and enable the setting explained below in Including Pricing Information on CCA Reports.
Including Pricing Information on CCA Reports
Enable Sales Order prices to auto-populate on Transfers in Canix
To see pricing information listed in the Sales Price column on your CCA Report in Canix, you must be using Sales Orders in Canix and creating Transfers from Sales Orders; you also must have the per-user setting "Save Transfer Prices from Sales Orders" enabled, as in the screenshot below. This ensures any Transfer created directly from Sales Orders in Canix will automatically populate with the prices listed on the Sales Order. This will show Package prices on your Transfers. For any Transfer that is not created from a Sales Order, we cannot guarantee pricing information.
To have Canix do this automatically, follow the steps below:
- In the top right corner of Canix, select your initials to open the dropdown
- Select Edit Profile
- Enable the setting for Save Transfer Prices from Sales Orders to be on
- Save to confirm changes