Canix can help fulfill large sales orders quickly by auto-allocating inventory using the First In, First Out method, known as FIFO. This feature will allocate packages with the earliest received date (or created date for non-received packages) and splits the package into the quantity ordered on the line item. If the earliest package does not fulfill the full quantity ordered, Canix will continue to add or split packages, while allowing users to change allocated packages before submitting. All new packages created during the allocation process are unsubmitted and required to be reviewed and submitted by the user to complete the package allocation process.
From the Web Application:
- Navigate to Sales > Sales Orders
- Select Actions > Create Order
Learn more about Creating and Managing Sales Orders here
- After you have created a Sales Order and added line items of products to be sold, select the ellipse at the end of the product search bar to Auto Allocate Packages
- A window will appear for you to confirm the Starting Package Tag to be used in the event that packages need to be split to fulfill the order. After confirming the Starting Tag is correct, select Auto Allocate.
- This will automatically allocate packages for each line item, splitting packages as necessary. To review the unsubmitted packages select, Review Unsubmitted Packages.
- Clicking Review Unsubmitted Packages will open a side panel of all of the package details. Here you will have the option to select "Change Source" to change the source package. After reviewing the details, select Submit to create the unsubmitted packages.