Canix now offers an integration with LeafLink which allows you to connect your marketplace with your inventory systems. This will allow for a more seamless process of creating, managing, and fulfilling sales orders. In this article, you'll learn how to set up the LeafLink and Canix integration.
- Canix Integration
Grant Developer Access on your LeafLink Account
First, you will need to enable Developer Access on your account.
- Navigate to Settings
- Under Company Information scroll down and select the box "Enable Developer Options Access for XYZ"
Update an Individual User to Developer
Next, you will need to update an individual user to a Developer, in order to get the API key needed to connect your LeafLink instance to Canix.
- Navigate to Settings > Users
- Select the user you'd like to promote to Developer
- Click the pencil icon (far right)
- Under Permissions check the box "Can Access Developer Options"
- Scroll down and click Save
LeafLink API Key
Then, using the Developer account, obtain your LeafLink API key.
- Navigate to the Settings > Developer Options
- Scroll down to Your API Key
- Copy the key (double click > right-click > select copy)
Tips for Creating Items in LeafLink
When creating or editing an existing item or product in LeafLink, it is important to ensure you are setting the them up to align with Canix’s item set up. This ensures that the packages quantities are transferred into Canix correctly when creating an order. From your LeafLink account:
- Navigate to Menu > Inventory
- Select Add New Product
If updating an existing item/product, locate the item/product then under Actions select Edit.
- Navigate to section, Product Specifications
- Complete required fields: Product Category, Product Sub Category and Unit of Measure (The unit of measure needs to match the Canix item unit of measure).
Note: If you are creating an item or product that can also be sold as a case, be sure to select the option “Sell in Multiples.” This will allow users to enter an Individual Units per Case quantity. This should be set up to match the Canix item units, so count based Canix items are set up as Units in Leaflink, and weight based items in Canix are set up with the a weight-based unit in Leaflink.
- When a case is sold in Leaflink, the base units will be displayed in Canix’s sales order. This will align with how the item quantities are packaged and transferred out of your facility, which track the base units, and not the cases sold.
Finally, you'll need to connect your LeafLink account to Canix.
- Log into your Canix account
- Navigate to Admin > Integrations
- Click LeafLink
- Copy the API key you collected in the previous step
- Paste the API key in the box, "Paste your API key here..."
- Click Update LeafLink API Key