We pride ourselves on building the tools that will help you be most successful. This feature is not only essential for resource planning, but it is unique: Metrc does not offer this functionality.
In this article, you'll learn about:
- Product Categories, and how to create them
- Inventory, and how to create a product
- PAR, Periodic Automatic Replacement
- Bill of Materials (BOM), and how to create them.
Non-Cannabis inventory allows you to track your current and historical non-cannabis inventory in Canix including product categories, inventory, and bill of materials.
Categorize and group non-cannabis inventory for sorting and reporting.
How to Create Product Categories
Navigate to Inventory > Non-Cannabis > Product Categories.
In the upper right, click Create Category.Note: You can apply categories to specific facilities. Be sure to select the correct facility before creating the category.
Input a category name.
Now that you've created a category, you can navigate to Non-Cannabis Inventory to add them to your items.
Track your current and historical non-cannabis inventory.
How To Create a Product
Navigate to Inventory > Non-Cannabis > Inventory.
In the upper right, click Create Product.
Then complete all required fields for the product:
Product Name, Category, Unit Price, Available Quantity and PAR.
Optionally users can add a SKU to the NCI Product.
- Shared with Facilities - This field allow you to share Non-Cannabis Inventory across one or more facilities.
- Click Create
If at any time you find that you no longer need an item, you can archive that product so that your table remains clear of any unnecessary data. Archiving will remove that item from the table and you will no longer be able to access it.
Now that you've created items, you can navigate to Bill of Materials (BOM) to create and track non-cannabis inventory.
Par is the minimum amount of a product you should have on-hand until additional inventory is delivered to meet that product's demand. Once your product has hit PAR in Canix, the color of the PAR changes to red to indicate it's time to reorder.
Bill of Materials (BOM)
Bill of Materials deduct ingredients from your Non-Cannabis inventory whenever a cannabis package is produced. Learn more about BOM's here.
How To Create a BOM
- Navigate to Inventory > Non-Cannabis > Bill of Material
- Select +Create Bill of Materials
- Complete required fields: Bill Of Materials Name, Associated Output Item, Estimated Output Quantity, Unit of Measure, and Active Date
- To Add Non-Cannabis Inventory(NCI) begin typing to search by SKU or Non-Cannabis Products. When adding NCI, add the Quantity and Unit of Measure for each.
- Once all NCI has been added, Select Create.
- The BOM will now populate Inventory > Non-Cannabis > Bill of Materials