The Non-Cannabis Inventory Section of Canix helps users to understand their material costs are vs. production needs over time to have an overview of accurate inventory levels. Canix provides an entire section for non-cannabis inventory where you can see stock quantities, pricing, and PAR levels. Additionally, you can build recipes for automated inventory depletion during package creation.
This feature is not only essential for resource planning, but it is unique: Metrc does not offer this functionality.
In this article, you'll learn about:
- Product Categories, and how to create them
- Inventory, and how to create a product
- Bill of Materials (BOM), and how to create them.
Non-Cannabis inventory allows you to track your current and historical non-cannabis inventory in Canix including product categories, inventory, and bill of materials.
Categorize and group non-cannabis inventory for sorting and reporting.
How to Create Product Categories
In the upper right, click Create Category.
Input a category name.
Now that you've created a category, you can navigate to Non-Cannabis Inventory to add them to your items.
Track your current and historical non-cannabis inventory.
How To Create Product
Navigate to Inventory > Non-Cannabis > Inventory.
In the upper right, click Create Product.
Then complete all required fields for the product:
Product Name, SKU, Unit Price, Shared With Facilities (This field allows you to share Non-Cannabis Inventory across more than one facility.) Weight Unit.
You also have the option to allow deductions of fractional units for this item. Note: Count based products can only log usage for whole units unless this option is selected.
- Optional Fields include: Category, Location, PAR, & Standard Costing which can be used as a cost benchmark.
- Click Create
If at any time you find that you no longer need an item, you can archive that product so that your table remains clear of any unnecessary data. Archiving will remove that item from the table and you will no longer be able to access it.
Now that you've created items, you can navigate to Bill of Materials (BOM) to create and track non-cannabis inventory.
PAR is the minimum amount of a product you should have on-hand until additional inventory is delivered to meet that product's demand. Once your product has hit PAR in Canix, the color of the PAR changes to red to indicate it's time to reorder. To set PAR Level Notifications see this article.
Adding a New NCI Lot
In Canix, on your product details page, you have an Active Lots section which allows you to keep track of and add inventory quantities to your NCI products.
To add a new NCI lot:
- Navigate to Inventory > Non-Cannabis > Inventory
- Select the product that you would like to add a new lot to
- Scroll down to the Active Lots section and select + New Lot
- Fill out all of the required fields: Lot, Product Barcode / Tag (optional), Vendor, Unit Cost, Quantity, Units, and Received Date.
- Select Create.
Once you've completed the steps above, you will notice the quantity for the product increase & you will be now able to view, and manage the new lot in your Active Lots section.
Bill of Materials (BOM)
Bill of Materials deduct ingredients from your Non-Cannabis inventory whenever a cannabis package is produced. Learn more about BOM's here.
How To Create a BOM
- Navigate to Inventory > Non-Cannabis > Bill of Material
- Select +Create Bill of Materials
- Complete required fields: Bill Of Materials Name, Associated Output Item, Estimated Output Quantity, Unit of Measure, and Active Date
- To Add Non-Cannabis Inventory(NCI) begin typing to search by SKU or Non-Cannabis Products. When adding NCI, add the Quantity and Unit of Measure for each.
- Once all NCI has been added, Select Create.
- The BOM will now populate in your Bill Of Materials table where you can select it to reference or update at anytime
Click here for information on navigating your Non-Cannabis Inventory Usage Report.