In order to help expedite the Sales process, Canix offers the functionality to create a transfer directly from a Sales Order, pre-filling transfer details, saving you time, and helping to move through the process more efficiently with less opportunity for error.
In this article, we'll cover:
- Create Transfer from Sales Order
- Save Transfer Prices from Sales Orders
- Optionally, enable this feature first to have package prices populate automatically
Create Transfer from Sales Order
- Navigate to Sales > Sales Orders
- Select a Sales Order that has all packages assigned but has not yet been assigned a manifest number (i.e. a transfer has not yet been created for that sale)
- Select the Order Number to open the Sales Order side panel
- Select View Order Details to see the full Sales Order; verify everything is correct & accurate
- In the lower right, select Assign Transfer, then select + Create Transfer
- The transfer will pre-fill with the transfer details from the last transporter used for that customer; if you have never transported to that customer before, our system will pre-fill with the transporter last used on your most recent transfer
- Michigan customers now have the option to manually enter the Gross Weight for packages when Creating Outgoing Transfers
- Canix will pre-fill transfer details from the Sales Order, which can be manually changed as needed
- Pre-filled fields include Name ([Customer Name] - [Date]), Destination Facility, Transporter Facility, Driver, Vehicle, Route, & Departure Time
- Confirm that all fields are populated and verify everything looks correct
- Optionally, package prices can be entered manually
- Note: To have package prices populate automatically, use the section below to enable the Save Transfer Price from Sales Order feature.
- Select Create
- Select Confirm to submit
🚨 Metrc customers: after submitting, navigate to your Metrc account and Register an Outgoing Transfer in Metrc (Submit Draft Transfer Template) to complete the compliance process
Save Transfer Prices from Sales Orders
When creating the transfer, the package price will not be pre-populated from the Sales Order. Each Canix user can enable this feature to allow prices to populate automatically on transfers.
From the Web Application:
- Select your profile dropdown menu (circle with your initials) in the top right
- Select Edit Profile
- Under "Save Transfer Prices from Sales Orders", select Enable
- Select Save in the top right to apply the changes
Going forward, all new transfers created from Sales Orders will pre-populate the package prices in addition to the transfer details.