Integrate Canix with your Confident LIMS (formerly Confident Cannabis) account to pull lab results per package tag and for populating auto-generated results on labels. Not all tested fields are available in Metrc, and not all states use Metrc as a centralized system for lab results, this new integration allows you to automate label compliance.
Note: If users have multiple Lab Results in Canix, by default we will show results pulled in from Metrc first, then Confident LIMS and lastly the manually uploaded results. Learn more about manually uploaded lab results here.
Follow the steps below to connect to your Confident LIMS account, generate labels and review Confident LIMS lab results.
In this article we'll cover:
- How it Works
- Connect Canix to Confident LIMS
- Generating Labels with Confident LIMS Results
- Viewing Confident LIMS Results
How it Works
Confident LIMS results will be applied to packages in Canix several different ways.
- Confident LIMS results will apply to any child or sub packages created.
Note: If combining packages:
- The results apply to all children packages resulting from that combination.
If combined packages have lab results already, they will not apply to the child package unless both sources are coming from the same test result (i.e: Two bulk packages of flower are being combined to create another package of flower)
If one combined package has lab results and the other doesn't, the child package does not receive the results from the source package, only from the test results found on the other child packages.
- Lab results from Confident LIMS will also be applied to packages with the same Lot ID or Production Batch.
- Lab Results will also be applied to packages that have been identified in Confident LIMS Lab Form in one of the following fields: Metrc Sample #, Metrc Batch # or External Batch ID.
Connect to Confident LIMS
- Navigate to confidentcannabis.com and log into your account
- Go to Settings on the left-hand navigation menu > Organization > Credentials
- If no credentials have been generated yet, or to generate keys for Canix specifically, select + Generate New Credentials
- Give the credentials a nickname, like “Canix”, and select + Generate New Credentials
- In another tab, log into your Canix account and navigate to Admin > Integrations > Confident LIMS
- Copy the API key and the API Secret Key from the table in Confident LIMS and paste in the two fields in Canix’s integration page
- Select Update Confident LIMS Keys button in Canix to save the credentials for your user.
Generating Labels with Confident LIMS Results
- Navigate to Tags & Labels > Print Labels > Custom
- Select “Packages” as the tag type and search for a tag number that is connected to lab results in Confident
- Scroll down in the auto-generated fields list to see the Confident LIMS section. All mg/g and % results can be generated if results were tested for them in Confident LIMS.
Viewing Confident LIMS Results
Once you have successfully completed connecting Confident LIMS to Canix you can view the test results from Canix.
If users have multiple Lab Results in Canix, by default we will show results pulled in from Metrc first, then Confident LIMS and lastly the manually uploaded results. Learn more about manually uploaded lab results here.
From the Web Application:
- Navigate to Inventory > Lab Tests > Lab Test Results
- Navigate to the tab named Confident LIMS Results
Here you will be able to review the full test results for each package. Note: Confident LIMS Lab Results can also be viewed on the individual package level when viewing the Package Details for each package.