Scan RFID tags with the Zebra RFD 8500 directly into Canix. Save time taking actions in Canix, including Plant moves, Growth Phase updates, allocating Packages to Sales Orders, Combining Packages and more.
In this article:
There are a couple ways to configure your scanner to work with Canix.
Use our preset configuration file:
1. Download this config file and upload into the 123Scan app.
2. Select the uploaded configuration
Manually configure your scanner via the 123Scan app by applying the following settings:
1. Modify Data > Append Enter Key
2. RFID > Query Options > Query Session > Session 2
3. General Bluetooth > Bluetooth Profile Mode > HID Keyboard Emulation Profile
RFID Scanning in Canix
Ensure your scanner is using the configuration described above. RFID scanning works similarly to barcode scanning.
1. Connect your tablet/laptop to your scanner via bluetooth or hardwire.
3. Scan the tags that you’re updating, or taking action on and select “Actions”
- If you see an Action in black, you can take that action without selecting your inventory. The action will be taken for all inventory currently on the page.
- For some actions you may need to select inventory before submitting.
Where should I purchase my RFD8500?
Canix has a partnership with Best Buy Business that provides discounting on hardware. Best Buy has good product availability. To connect with Best Buy please fill out this form, they will be in touch to answer any questions and process your order.
Can I use other RFID scanners with Canix?
The RFD 8500 is the only RFID scanner that has been tested with Canix.
Other RFID scanners are expected to work as well, as long as the following conditions are met:
1. The scanner supports HID, or Keyboard Emulation mode.
2. The scanner supports returning each tag on a new line, or supports including a comma in between each scanned tag. This ensures Canix read and search each tag separately.