Create & Manage Plants
BioTrack facilities can create new plants from packages of clones, seeds or other plant material. In this article, we'll cover:
- Planting from packages
- Viewing Current plants
- Creating and managing Custom Growth Phases
- Assigning Lot IDs
Planting from Packages
- Navigate to Inventory > Packages > View: Active
- Select 1 or more packages to be planted > Actions > Unpack into Plantings
- For each package, enter the following details to apply to plants in bulk, or select the individual plants on the right to edit details individually:
- Number of New Plants - the number of new plants to be created from the package.
- Quantity per New Plant - If creating plants from a package in different rooms or other plant details, plants can be edited in bulk by specifying a quantity per plant. The number of plants multiplied by the quantity per new plant will be deducted from the package quantity when submitted and each given an individual tag number.
- Strain - plant strain is prefilled from the package strain, but can be edited in bulk or individually
- Planted Date - select the date plants were planted
- Room - select the room plants were planted in. If plants are in different rooms, select the individual plant on the right to edit each room.
- Lot ID - a Canix only field to track a group of plants with an ID from planting, to harvesting and packaging
- Mark all as Mother Plants - mark all new plants as Mother Plants in bulk, or individually by selecting a plant on the right
- To add more packages to plant from, select the + Add Source button on the left side
- To create more plants from a package without updating the bulk settings, select the + Add Batch button on the right side
- Select Submit when complete to submit to BioTrack
View Current Plants
To view plants in all stages, navigate to Plants > Plants > View: Current
Change Plant Custom Growth Phases
BioTrack does not support growth phases in the API. Therefore, users can manage growth phases in Canix using Custom Growth Phases.
- To create or edit Custom Growth Phases, navigate to Admin > Facility Data > Custom Phases
- Select + Create New to enter a growth phase name
- To edit a phase name, select the phase name from the table
- To delete a phase, select 1 or more rows > Actions > Delete
To manage plant growth phases, navigate to the Current plants view, or a saved view created from Current plants.
- Select 1 or more plants in the table
- Select Actions > Change Custom Growth Phase
- Select a phase from the drop down, or None to remove a phase
- Optional: Change the date to specify when the phase change occurred
- Select Change Phase to update the plant phases in the plant table
Assigning Lot IDs
Lot IDs are a Canix only field that allows users to report on groups of plants based on their Lot ID. This ID can be applied at any point during cultivation, to harvests, and to packages.
- Navigate to Plants > Plants > Select 1 or more plants > Actions > Assign Lot IDs to Plants
- Enter the new Lot ID to be applied to all plants listed in the modal
- Select Submit to save the new Lot ID