OHaus Defender 5000 Set Up Instructions
Instructions for setting up the OHaus Defender 5000 scale
- Connect the SerialIO Adapter to the RS232 port on the back of the Scale Indicator unit.
- Power on the adapter with the white button on the device. Optional: Connect the adapter to a battery/charger with the included charging cable to make sure the battery doesn’t run out during operation (a full charge lasts ~8 hours).
- Do not press and hold the power button on the device for more than 1 second—this will reset it to factory settings.
- Power on the scale and enter the main menu by holding the User/Menu button
- Select 7. Communication / RS232 / Configuration and make sure your Baud Rate is set to 9600
- Select 7. Communication / RS232 / Setup and make sure assignment mode is "Interval" with one second intervals.
- Ensure that the scale is in Weighing Mode, as seen by the icon on the top-left of the menu screen when you've exited the setup mode.
- Open Canix and select “Connect To Scale” in the left-hand menu on the home screen (make sure bluetooth is enabled on your phone). Select the adapter in the list (should be at the top, same ID that’s printed on the side of the adapter).
- You should now be able to use Auto-Harvest, and to read scale weights from everywhere else inside the Canix app.
Here is what the screen should be showing on your scale indicator