After creating Testing Packages, you'll create a Lab Transfer to send them to the Lab. For Metrc customers, only Packages marked as "Testing Package" during creation can be added to a Lab Transfer.
In this article, we'll cover:
Before creating a Lab Transfer, you must create Testing Packages.
Create an Outgoing Transfer to a Lab
There are 2 common methods for creating an Outgoing Transfer to a Lab:
- Select the Packages in Inventory > Packages: Active and select Actions > Create Transfer
- Navigate to Sales > Outgoing Transfers > Create Transfer > type and select each Package
In this article, we'll cover the first method.
On the Web Application:
- Navigate to Inventory > Packages > View: Active
- On the table, scroll to the right to find the Is Testing Package? column and click the filter icon
- Check the box for Yes and select Apply to view only those marked as Testing Package
- Check the boxes for the Package(s) to be included on the Lab Transfer
- Select Actions > Create Transfer
- On the left side of the screen, complete all required fields:
- Name: Enter a name for the Transfer; we suggest using the Destination Facility name and date, such as "Sure Thing Labs - 6.9.2022"
- Destination Facility: Type and select the Lab License you are transferring these Testing Packages to
- If the Lab is not listed in your drop-down options already, begin typing and select Create new facility to enter it, including the address; after creating it, you will need to re-type and select it from the drop-down
- Transfer Type: Select the Lab Transfer option; specific options/language may vary by state
- Transport Facility: Type and select the License that will transport these Packages
- If you are transporting them yourself, select your own facility/license
- If you are using an external Transporter, select their facility/license
- Driver: Type and select the person driving these Packages
- Vehicle: Type and select the vehicle being used
- Route: Canix will automatically pre-fill the route based on the addresses of the Destination Facility and your Source Facility; if the route does not pre-fill, click the map icon to enter the addresses manually and populate the route
- Departure Time: Estimated departure time from your facility
- Arrival Time: Estimated arrival time at the Lab
- Carefully review every detail to confirm everything is correct and complete
- Select Create to submit your Lab Transfer
- View and complete the final steps below!
For Metrc customers, there is one more required step to complete the process! Submitting the Transfer in Canix will create a Transfer Template in Metrc, which you must register directly in Metrc to turn it into a Licensed Outgoing Transfer and send it to the Lab. Please see the next section.
Register the Outgoing Transfer in Metrc
After creating and submitting the Lab Transfer in Canix, you must register the Outgoing Transfer Template directly in Metrc to turn it into a Licensed Outgoing Transfer and send it to the Lab. Metrc does not allow third-party integrators, such as Canix, to complete this final step of the process.
Follow the steps in this article to complete the process of registering the Transfer Template in Metrc: