Canix has added a new feature that allows customers to add Labor COGS to plants, plant batches, harvests and packages. This will allow non-manufacturing customers to get a more comprehensive idea of all costs related to producing the inventory, and allow for more accurate calculations of profits and margins. Customers can add labor related to cultivation activities such as watering or harvesting plants, or things such as packaging and trimming material for packaging.
Whether you are adding Labor COGS to Plants, Plant Batches, Harvests or Packages it will all follow the same work flow from the Canix Web Application: (The example below is showing how to add Labor COGS to packages)
- Inventory > Packages
- Select the item/package(s) you are wanting to assign Labor to by selecting the box
- Actions > Assign Labor COGS
- Assign Employee labor by Adding an Employee, entering hours worked and the date to calculate total Labor COGS. If you need to add multiple employees, simply Select +Add Hours to add another employee and hours.
- To preview Labor COGS before it’s applied, select Calculate COGS. This will evenly distribute the correct amount of Labor COGS to each package listed. Here, you also have the option to add additional Packages. If doing so, you can select Calculate COGS after adding additional packages to recalculate the application of COGS.
- If everything looks correct, select Submit to add the Labor COGS.
You can now view the Labor COGS that have been added by viewing the Packages Report under the column Labor COGS.