Canix’s Inventory Assignment feature allows sales representatives to receive a portion of your company's available inventory to sell. This helps avoid overselling inventory and creates a fair division of inventory between sales representatives.
This feature will change the quantity viewed by the user when they look at the Inventory Availability report’s Allocated to Sell column. No other columns in this report are affected by the assignments set below, and any user without this setting will see no change to their inventory Availability reports.
- Enable Inventory Assignment
- How to Assign Inventory
- Inventory Availability Report
Enable Inventory Assignment
To enable Inventory Assignment,
- Navigate to Admin > User Management
- Select a Sales Representative that should receive an assigned quantity of inventory, toggle the button on Receives Allocated Inventory
How to Assign Inventory
Inventory Assignments are set by subcategories and can have different percentage assignments per subcategory. For any items that do not have a subcategory assigned to them, they will be considered Uncategorized and will receive their own percentage assignment.
- Navigate to Inventory > Assignment, begin setting percentages by subcategory and user
- If no users have the Receives Allocated Inventory set on their account, the table below will be blank
- As users have this option enabled on their account, the user will appear in this table with no subcategory inventory assigned to them initially, and 100% of any uncategorized inventory assigned to them
Update Inventory Assignments
- To update the assignments, double click on the cell for the user and subcategory
- Enter the new assignments and hit enter or click outside of the cell to continue editing more assignments.
- When you've finished making changes, click Save Assignment
How to Set Packaged Quantity
To manage the packaged quantities that the assignments apply to,
- Navigate to the tab Unassigned Inventory at the top of your Assignments page
- Initially, all active “Marked Available for Sale” packaged quantities will be populated in the Assigned Inventory column on the right-hand side. If not a Metrc facility, any active packaged quantities will populate in this column. Any inventory in this column will have the assigned percentages on the previous page applied to them when a sales representative views the Inventory Availability’s Available to Sell column.
- Quantities listed in the left-hand column labeled Marked Available for Sell will not be split among the users based on assigned percentages and the full quantities are visible to all users in the Inventory Availability report.
- Select one or more packages and use the arrow buttons in between the columns to move the quantities between having assigned percentages applied to them, or being fully visible to all users.
- As packages are split from the existing packaged quantities, these new inventory tags will be visible in the Assigned Inventory column and have the assigned percentages applied to the new quantity.
Inventory Availability Report
Assignments affect the Available to Sell column in the Inventory Availability report only. When a user with assigned percentages logs in, they will see a subset of inventory available to them in this column, while all other columns will be unchanged.
- As orders are placed by the sales rep, their Available to Sell quantity will be reduced, while all other sales reps’ quantities will be unaffected.
- When orders are placed by a user that does not receive allocated inventory (meaning this option was not set on the user’s Canix login), this will reduce all sales rep’s available inventory quantities.
Below is an example of the inventory assignment feature in reporting.
- Package 0309 for Clone Plant: Afghanimal has a quantity of 5 ea, and is the only packaged quantity for this item. It’s currently in the Assigned Inventory column, which has the assigned percentages applied to it.
- With 100% of the quantity assigned to the user for uncategorized items, the full quantity of 5 ea. is visible to the assigned user in Inventory Availability.
- When the user logs in, or as an Admin filtering the Inventory Availability report as the sales representative, the Available to Sell column will show 5 ea.
- As that sales representative places orders for Clone Plant: Afghanimal, their Available to Sell quantity of 5 ea. will be reduced by the ordered amount
- As other users who do not receive assigned quantities place orders for that same item, the sales representative's quantity of 5 ea. will be reduced by the ordered quantity
- As other sales representatives place orders for this item, those quantities will not be deducted from this user’s Available to Sell quantity
In an example where Uncategorized items are assigned at 25% to the sales representative the Available to Sell column will reflect the reduced percentage, they have to sell.