In this article, we'll cover the required steps you'll need to take in your Canix account to ensure your data is accurate and ready for upload through our Metrc Onboarding tool.
- Order Plant and Package Tags in Metrc
- STOP! Do not enter any additional information into Metrc.
- To make this process as smooth as possible, the team at Canix has built a comprehensive Metrc Onboarding feature. This will allow Canix to upload your beginning inventory directly from Canix into Metrc, including Facility Data (Locations, Items, and Strains) and all active Plant Batches, Plants, and Packages inventory.
To avoid encountering errors during Integration Onboarding that will cause delays, you must follow the complete Auditing Checklist below to comb through your Canix inventory and confirm that everything is accurate and ready to be uploaded into Metrc.
- Review all Active Plant Batches, ensuring they are fully up to date
- Update Growth Phase as needed to reflect your actual inventory
- Destroy any non-active Plant Batches so they aren't uploaded to Metrc
- Review all Active Plants, both Vegetative and Flowering, ensuring they are up to date
- Destroy and Waste any non-active Plants so they aren't uploaded to Metrc
Your Active Harvests cannot be uploaded to Metrc, but your Packages will be.
- Package all sellable material for Active Harvests
- Package the Total Wet Weight if needed, even if still drying, as you can adjust the Package weight later to account for moisture loss
- Deactivate all Harvests after Packaging
- Bring your total Package count to 200 or less
- Combine like Packages to bring your total to 200 or less (Metrc's max upload allowance)
- If you can’t combine them down to 200 packages, you’ll have to manually enter every Package directly into Metrc after integrating. If you choose to go this route, please alert Customer Support.
- Audit Inventory Amounts
- After combining like Packages together, check your Inventory Availability page to check the total inventory amounts shown for each Item Type - compare these numbers with what you physically have on hand to ensure accuracy
- Adjust Packages as needed to correct any discrepancies you find
- Deactivate any Packages with 0 quantity - failure to do so will block you from completing your Onboarding
- Audit all Sales Orders for accuracy
- Ensure that each Line Item on your Sales Orders has the correct Package(s) attached
- Ensure that a Transfer is attached to each one
- Archive any Sales Orders that have been fulfilled
- Review your Facility Data to confirm accuracy (Locations, Items, Strains)
- All Items must have Strains assigned to them, especially those related to Immature Plants (Metrc requires this for upload)
- Delete any Facility Data you no longer use