Canix offers a public-facing, password-protected shop to display item listings, available quantities, and place orders from. At the moment, only 1 facility can create a shop. Below are the steps to create your shop, add items to your shop, and how to place orders.
- Enabling and Disabling Shops
- Adding Items to Shops
- Placing Orders from Shops
Enabling and Disabling Shops
To enable your shop and begin adding items to your storefront, navigate to Inventory > Shop
- Select the facility the shop should be created for, meaning the available quantities will be tracked from this license and displayed in your shop listings
- Select the Enabled checkbox to enable the shop for that facility, and it Submits
- To disable your shop at any point, uncheck that box and hit Submit
Additional required shop settings can be managed on this page:
- Shop Name - This is the name you want to be displayed at the top of your shop (see below)
- Password - This password will be provided to your customers who will access and have the ability to place orders from your shop. The same shop password will be used by all customers and internal users and can be changed at any point.
Note: Password must contain a minimum of 8 characters.
Shop URL - Customize the URL provided to your customers to access your shop. Generally, this is the same name as your Shop Name. This field will default to: https://app.canix.com/shop/ Here, you will add text to create your own Shop URL
- To copy the shop URL, select the copy icon to the left of this field.
Adding Items to Shops
Items can be added to shops after the shop is enabled. Ensure you’re in the facility in Canix that has the shop enabled to begin adding items to your shop.
To select which items should appear in your shop, navigate to Admin > Facility Data > Items
- Select an item name
- Select Create Shop Listing at the bottom of your Item pop up (may need to scroll down to view)
- Add a display name for the name that should be listed in the shop (Can be the same as your Canix item name, or different if a more public-facing naming convention is used)
Add a description for your customers to view when ordering products. This has no limit on amount of text and could include test results or pricing.
- You have the option to create the item for your shop but disable it from being visible in your shop. You can enable items being visible in your shop later.
- You can add 1 or more images to your listing. Some include images if the item COAs as well as images of the product.
- Click Save to create a listing for your shop
To view shop listings after they’re created, navigate to Inventory > Listing Management
- Click on a display name to edit, disable or delete a listing
Placing Orders from Shops
To view and place orders from your shop, copy and paste the shop URL into your internet browser tab. You’ll be brought to a login page where you can enter the shop password to access the shop’s inventory.
Filter for item categories in the navigation menu on the left, or select Home to view all items again.
Viewing and Ordering Items
Select the Details button to view the item’s description, images and place orders. Enter a quantity in this pop up to add to your order and select Add to Cart
As items are placed in your cart, select the shopping cart icon in the top right to view and place your order. Select Checkout to enter order details and finalize your order.
After selecting Checkout in your cart, you can edit quantities and enter order details on this page. Select Place Order to create a sales order in Canix.