In order to use Canix's Custom Labels feature with your label printer, you must ensure that your printer is compatible with ZPL printing mode. For the Toshiba B-SX5T printer, you can switch it to ZPL (or Z-Mode) by following the instructions below.
Switch to Z-Mode
- First power cycle the printer to power off
- Press and hold the Feed and Pause buttons while turning the machine back on.
- Once the printer is on, you should see a selection menu,
- Push the Restart button to scroll backward through the menu until you get to option 11 - ZMODE.
- Press the Pause button and you should see “Z-MODE OFF" on the display
- Press the Restart button until the screen reads “ON SETTING ON"
- Press Pause again to lock the setting and cycle power off
- Now turn back on and “Z-MODE” should appear on the top left corner of the screen
Switch to Online Mode
- Repeat steps 1-4 above,
- On step 4 change to “Z-MODE OFF” then press Pause to lock setting and turn power cycle off
- Now power cycle the machine back on and in the upper left corner it should read “ONLINE B-SX5T"