Please read the entire article carefully before making any changes. This article is only intended for use in OK to add initial untracked packages by June 30th.
In Metrc On or Before June 30th
Once you have successfully completed the onboarding process and integrated your Canix and Metrc accounts, you'll be able to add your Seeds directly into Metrc.
Use the Incoming External Transfer in Metrc to make any inventory you want (as is stated in the Metrc guide for Oklahoma) until June 30th, following these steps:
Step 1. Create Strains
First, create any Strains in Metrc that you haven't added yet and plan to add seeds of. If the Strains of the Seeds you're adding already exist in your Metrc account, you can skip to the next step.
- In Metrc, navigate to Admin > Strains and click Add Strains.
- Create a Strain for each type of Seeds you'll be adding if it doesn't exist yet.
- Type the Strain name - double-check this for accuracy, as you cannot edit it after. You can also add the Testing Status, which includes the CBD/THC content for that strain if known or applicable. Specify the ratio of Indica/ Sativa.
- To add more new Strains entries all at once, type the desired number in the bottom left box and click the +.
- Click Create Strains.
Step 2. Create Item Types
After adding the Strains, create an Item Type for each type of Seeds.
- In Metrc, navigate to Admin > Items and click Add Items.
- Fill in the details for the item type, including:
- Name: We suggest "STRAIN Seeds"
- Category: Seeds
- Unit of Meaure: Each
- Strain: Select Matching Strain from drop-down
- To add more new Items entries all at once, type the desired number in the bottom left box and click the +.
- Click Create Items.
Step 3. Create External Incoming Transfer
After adding Item Types, create an Incoming External Transfer and enter all of your Seeds packages.
- In Metrc, navigate to Transfers > External and click Incoming > New Transfer
- Select Beginning Inventory Transfer from the drop-down.
- Individually add a Packages for each type of Seeds, selecting the new Item names.For each Package, add the Quantity (each = # of seeds) and Package Date.
- To add more Package entries, type the desired number in the bottom left Packages box and click the +.
- When you've finished adding every Package of Seeds, click Register Transfer.
Step 4. Complete the External Incoming Transfer
Licensees MUST have package tags available to complete this step.
- To create tagged packages, a licensee must complete the pending incoming transfer by clicking the “Complete” button to the far right and then entering the required information.
- The quantities entered in Step 3 above will be auto-populated; you should confirm the accuracy of the quantities and assign a unique Yellow Metrc package tag to each item.
- The tag assigned to the product in the system should be physically affixed to the associated product.
- Once the information is accurate and complete, click on the “Complete Transfer” button to create the packages with the specified quantities in your inventory.
You can read all about this process on page 2 of the attached document.
Step 5. Refresh Metrc Data in Canix
The final step is to Refresh Metrc Data in Canix.
- Click on Refresh Metrc Data in the bottom left corner of your menu.
- Select the boxes next to each section you'd like to refresh, in this case, Facility Data, Packages, Outgoing Transfers, and Incoming Transfers.
- Click Sync - be patient, as it may take a few minutes.
- You're all finished!