Please read the entire article carefully before making changes. This article is only intended for use in OK to add initial untracked inventory after Metrc onboarding.
In Canix and Metrc
Once you have successfully completed the onboarding process and integrated your Canix and Metrc accounts, you'll be able to add your Packages inventory directly into Metrc.
Follow the steps below to use the External Incoming Transfer in Metrc to create any inventory you need (as is stated in the Metrc guide for Oklahoma):
- Create Strains (in Canix)
- Create Item Types (in Canix)
- Create "External Incoming Transfer" (in Metrc)
- Complete the External Incoming Transfer (in Metrc)
- Refresh Metrc Data (in Canix)
Step 1. Create Strains (in Canix)
First, create any Strains in Canix that you haven't added yet and plan to add Packages of. If the Strains of the Packages you're adding already exist in your accounts, you can skip to the next step.
- In Canix, navigate to Admin > Facility Data > Strains and click +Create Strain.
- Create a Strain for each new type of Package you'll be adding that doesn't exist yet.
- Type the Strain name - double-check this for accuracy, as you cannot easily edit it after.
- Specify the ratio of Indica/ Sativa.
- You can also add the Testing Status, which includes the CBD/THC content for that strain if known or applicable.
- Click Create.
- Repeat steps for any additional Strains.
Refresh the page to confirm the changes.
Step 2. Create Item Types (in Canix)
Next, create an Item Type for each type of Package you plan to add. If the correct Items & Strains of the Packages you're adding already exist in your accounts, you can skip to the next step.
- In Canix, navigate to Admin > Facility Data > Items and click Actions > +Create Item.
- Fill in the details for the Item, including:
- Item Type
- Sub Category
- Weight Unit
- Any other fields, as needed
- Click Create.
- Repeat steps for any additional Item Types.
- Refresh the page to confirm the changes.
Step 3. Create External Incoming Transfer (in Metrc)
After adding Strains and Item Types, you'll log into Metrc to create an External Incoming Transfer and enter all of your new Packages.
- In Metrc, navigate to Transfers > External and click Incoming > New Transfer.
- Select Beginning Inventory Transfer from the drop-down.
- Add a Package for each new type of inventory by typing and selecting the new Item names.
- For each Package, enter the exact Quantity # amount and the weight unit (grams, kilograms, each, lbs, etc).
- Enter the Package Date (the date the item was Packaged).
- To add many Package entries at once, type the desired number in the bottom left Packages box and click the + as seen below.
- When you've finished adding every Package you need to, click Register Transfer.
Step 4. Complete External Incoming Transfer (in Metrc)
- To create tagged packages, you must complete the pending External Incoming Transfer by clicking the “Complete” button on the far right and then entering the required information.
- The quantities entered in Step 3 above will be auto-populated; you should confirm the accuracy of the quantities and assign a unique Yellow Metrc Package Tag to each item.
- The tag assigned to the product in the system should be physically affixed to the associated product.
- Once the information is accurate and complete, click on the “Complete Transfer” button to create the Packages with the specified quantities in your inventory.
You can read all about this process on page 2 of the attached document.
Step 5. Refresh Metrc Data (in Canix)
The final step is to Refresh Metrc Data in Canix.
- In Canix, click on Refresh Metrc Data in the bottom left corner of your menu.
- Select the boxes next to each section you'd like to refresh, in this case, Facility Data, Packages, Outgoing Transfers, and Incoming Transfers.
- Click Sync - be patient, as it may take a few minutes.
- You're all finished!