There are a few actions that you must complete in Metrc that cannot be done just in Canix. The reason is that Metrc has not opened up API access to allow third-party integrators, such as Canix, to submit this data directly to Metrc.
For #2 and #3, you will begin your work in Canix and then open Metrc just to upload it. Check out the list below, which includes links to articles that will give you step-by-step instructions to complete these actions with ease!
1. Metrc Tags
- Ordering and Receiving Metrc Tags must be done from within Metrc. Your designated Metrc account manager will follow these steps in the link above to order the package and plant tags electronically and then receive them into the facility once they've arrived.
2. Incoming and Outgoing Transfers
- Accepting Incoming Transfers allows you to accept new packages into your facility so that you can manage them in Canix. This includes purchases made from other licensed distributors.
- Registering Outgoing Transfers allows you to submit your Draft Transfer Template in Metrc. We strongly recommend that you always use Canix to create any Transfers, but once you have done that, you will then need to go into Metrc to Register the Transfer so that you can generate a transfer manifest and move the packages out of your facility.
3. Plant Waste
- Uploading Plant Waste to Metrc after creating it in Canix. Log and report your waste in Canix with ease. Once you are finished, a CSV file of your waste will be emailed to you. Simply open Metrc and use this file to upload the data into Metrc.