A large value for Canix customers is our advanced reporting capabilities. With Canix you have access to costs of goods sold, harvest profitability metrics, manufacturing yield outputs, historical reporting, sales reporting, and many other features that are unavailable on the Metrc platform.
What is it?
Canix's newest reporting functionality is powered by Lookr a Business Intelligence (BI) platform, available under Reports, in your navigation bar. These tools allow you to filter and forecast data in more detail. Whether looking to view sales history by sales representative or identifying optimal cultivation trends, BI insights provide you the flexibility to make better business decisions.
You’ll notice that your “Financial Reports” section has now become “Reporting”, and there are some changes to the placement of reports. Don’t worry! All the functionality of Canix is still here, along with much more.
How to use it?
Navigate to Reports
In addition to the existing reports you’ve come to know and love in Canix, you’ll find some new reporting options in this section:
- Sales Overview
- This page is similar to the previous “Sales Chart” in Canix, but with highly enhanced functionality. In addition to showing your sales over time, sales by item, and sales by customer, you’ll also find sales by source facility, by customer location, and by item category.
- At the top, you can filter by any custom date, to break down your sales over a specific period of time (not just monthly anymore!), in addition to filtering by Item, Strain, Status, and Customer
- Sales Detail
- This report provides a broad overview of how much product has been sold over a certain period of time.
- A granular report on the item, package, type, status, and total sales. This data can be filtered by a number of different data points so that you can track what’s been sold and by whom.
- Sales Overview
- COGS Report
- Harvest Production
- The Harvest Production report is a great tool for helping with planning and forecasting. Using this report you can break down the production volume by strain and harvest name.
- Harvest Sales
- Similar to the Sales Detail Report, this table breaks down the sales by item type and harvest name (rather than by sales representative).
- Harvest Production
- Strain Summaries
- Flowering Plant Inventory Summary
- Plant Batch Inventory Summary
- Inventory Overview
- Inventory Detail
- Point in Time Inventory Table / Chart
Within each report, you can broaden or narrow the scope of the data by using our robust filters, which are available at the top of each reporting page.
These options include filtering by:
- Item Type
- Item Name
- Customer (where applicable)
At Canix, customer satisfaction is paramount and our team of top-notch Engineers releases weekly updates to ensure that you’re getting the most powerful, intuitive software available.
If you have any ideas for additional reports you would like Canix to make available please let us know using the Feedback tool in the Canix web application.
When you export a Sales or Harvest report, you have the option to include additional data points and customize the formatting.
- Navigate to the report you wish to export
- In the upper right, click the three horizontal dots
- Select Download
- Under Format, select Excel Spreadsheet
- A new menu will appear with options to customize your export
- Make your selections and click Download
If you run into any formatting or display issues please check out Lookr's documentation here.
BI reports can now be emailed on a set schedule from Canix. Select the Filters tab to set custom filters per schedule in order to send sales reps their personal dashboards, partners or brands their current or sold inventory, or accountants for month-end reporting. Multiple schedules can be set per report or filter configuration, and edited once created.
- Navigate to the report you wish to be emailed
- Click the ellipses in the top right of your report, select Schedule Delivery
- Under the Settings Tab, you can set how often the report will be sent and to whom
- Under the Filter Tab, it should auto-fill with the data included in the initial report. However, you can edit the filters as necessary for each report.
- After all setting and filters have been adjusted select Save to schedule the report for delivery.