A large value for Canix customers is our advanced reporting capabilities. With Canix you have access to costs of goods sold, harvest profitability metrics, manufacturing yield outputs, historical reporting, sales reporting, and many other features that are unavailable on the Metrc platform.
What is it?
Canix's newest reporting functionality is powered by Looker, a Business Intelligence (BI) platform, available under Reporting, in your navigation bar. These tools allow you to filter and forecast data in more detail. Whether looking to view sales history by Sales Representative or identifying optimal cultivation trends, BI insights provide you the flexibility to make better business decisions.
How to use it?
Navigate to Reporting
In addition to the existing reports you’ve come to know and love in Canix, you’ll find some new reporting options in this section:
- Accounts Receivable - This report provides two tables of data:
- Accounts Receivable Aging which summarizes your Sales Orders with the following info: Facility Name ie. where the Sales Order was created, Company Name ie. who received the Sales order, Sales Order Number, Sales Order Status, Delivery date, as well as past due payments & their age. You can filter this Data by Facility, Order Status, & Date.
- Received Payments This report summarizes all completed Sales Transactions & Transaction details.
- Accounts Payable - This report provides users with three tables of data:
- Accounts Payable Aging this table which summarizes Purchase Orders with the following information: Facility Name, Payment Due Date, Purchase Order Number, Status, Vendor ie. who sold you the goods, Age of the order, whether its current or how many days past due. You can filter this data by Facility and Order status.
- Partially Paid Purchase Orders with Facility Name, Vendor Name, Order Name or Number, Status, Requested Delivery Date, Payment Terms, Outstanding Balance, Payment Date and Total Payments Recorded.
- Purchase Orders with No Received Payments outlining the same details as the Partially Paid Purchase Orders table.
- Accounts Receivable - This report provides two tables of data:
Note: Purchase Orders may be repeated if multiple payments have been recorded on different days. This will duplicate the outstanding balance and purchase order total for each row.
- COGS Report - Gives users a full overview of Cost Of Goods Sold for Package Tags.
- Inventory Value - Provides a snapshot of Inventory at any point in time. Includes 4 tables of data for:
- Purchased Cannabis Inventory
- Purchased Non-Cannabis Inventory
- Active Finished Goods Inventory
- Received Cannabis Packages
- Labor COGS - A summary of Labor COGS that were applied to packages with employee details including; name, email, date works, hours worked, Labor COGS which is calculated as Employees hourly wage multiplied by the number of hours worked, Tag Number for package that was worked on, Item Name, Item Type & Item Sub-Type. You can filter this data by Employee, Date Worked, Item Name or Item Type.
- Package Cost Detail - Gives Canix users the ability to view Source Details, Non-Cannabis Details, and Labor Details for specific Packages Tag.
Note: When applying your desired Package Tag #, select the circular arrow ‘Reload’ button on the top right corner of the page in order to load the Data for that package.
- CCA Report -Learn more about Submitting your CCA Report here.
- Draft Harvest Overview - A summary of Unsubmitted Harvests / Harvest Drafts.
- Harvest Profitability - COGS that are applied to a Harvest and total sales amount generated from each Harvest.
- Harvest Production
- The Harvest Production Report is a great tool for helping with planning and forecasting. Using this report Canix users can break down the production volume by Strain and Harvest name.
- Harvest Sales
- The Harvest Sale Breakdown table breaks down the sales by Items Sold per Harvest, Item Sales in Dollar and by Harvest Weight as well as Harvest Sales by Month.
- Harvest Production by Sub-Type - This gives users a more detailed breakdown of Harvest Item Sub-Types, what was generated by harvest by room.
- Harvest Profitability by Sub-Type - Sales Data on Profitability for Harvest Sub-types
- Harvest Forecast vs Actual - Data on Cultivation - Forecasted vs. Cultivation - Actuals & Harvest Packages - Actual by Item Type or Harvest Packages - Actual by Sub-Type
- Harvest Summary
- Inventory Aging - This report shares helpful data to give Canix users a visual of what inventory has been sitting and for how long. Users have the ability to view Inventory Aging by Item Type, Sub-Type, Package Date with many options for filtering data.
- Inventory Detail- Comes with many different filtering options to give users a more detailed view of their inventory such as COGS.
- Inventory Overview - With multiple filtering options, Inventory Overview provides Canix Users graphs, charts, & tables for a customizable visual of their Inventory by:
- Active Inventory Quantity by Item
- Inventory by Sub-Category (%)
- Item Quantity by Strain
- Inventory by Sub-Category (Grams)
- Inventory by Sub-Category (Pounds)
- Aging Inventory by Package Month
- Inventory by Source Harvest
- Inventory by Accounting Type
- Inventory by Accounting Type %
- Inventory by Source Facility
- Quantity by Location
- Current COGS by Category
- Package Adjustments - Details on packages history and what adjustments have been made to packages. This report gives users a similar insight to the Package Activity History.
- Point In Time Inventory Table - Provides users with a visual of what inventory was available in the facility on a specific date.
- Point In Time Inventory Chart- Provides users with an alternative way to visualize the data from the point in time table.
- Waste - Ability to view waste in 5 different tables outlining:
- Package adjustments
- Plant Batch Waste
- Plant Waste Vegetative
- Plant Waste Flowering
- Immature Destroyed Waste Weight
- Plant Batch Inventory - Available Plant Batch Inventory with Planted Date, Age in Days, & Immature Count. Filters that provide visual Data by Planted Date, Location, Parent Location, Strain Name, Plant Batch Name and whether or not to Include Mother Plants in the Table.
- Brand Reports -Recent volume sold from a given supplier, broken down by top items and customers. This report provides a graph with the total volume in pounds by month, and two charts showing Monthly Volume By Item & Monthly Volume By Customer.
- Sales Overview - Canix users have the ability to break down sales by Brands, Items, Strains, and by Date. This report also gives users the insight into how individual Sales Representatives are performing as well as their Sales Commissions. Payments report; gives you the ability to pull in a payment date to see what payments have been made. A very helpful graph provided in Sales Overview is the $ Sales Over Time Frame. Using the filtering options, you can select a Timeframe Breakdown to customize this table to view data by Day, Week, Month, Quarter, or Year.
- Sales Detail - Gives Canix users access to underlying data from all Sales Orders and items on Sales Orders.
- Sales by Item/Sales by Customer - Provides users with an overview of top Items being sold & top Customers purchasing from their facility. If a user has more than one facility in Canix, this report will pull and present data for all facilities.
- CCA Report (CA) - Compliance Reporting for California
- Sales Menu - Summarized by Item Name, this report gives users an overview ofunallocated packages across all facilities. This does not consider quantities that have been ordered, but are not yet fulfilled with an allocated package on the sales order. To view available quantities by item name after orders are placed, navigate to the Inventory > Inventory Availability report. View more details on the Inventory Availability functionality here.
- Outgoing Transfers - An overview of Outgoing transfers with Package details, Transfer Manifest Numbers, Transfer Departure Dates and Destinations. You can filter this data by Item Name, Item Type, Transfer Departure Date and Destination Facility.
- Strain Summaries
The majority of these reports give Canix users the ability to select from multiple different filtering options to customize the data they are viewing.
These options include filtering by:
- Item Type
- Item Name
- Customer (where applicable)
Note: When applying new filters to a report, Select the circular arrow ‘Reload’ button to reload the new data to your report.
Canix allows users to include additional data points and customization when exporting Sales and Harvest Reports.
- Navigate to the report you wish to export
- In the upper right, select the three horizontal dots
- Select Download
- Each Report can be downloaded in either PDF or CSV format and individual tables within reports can be downloaded in either TXT, Excel, CSV, JSON, HTML, Markdown or PNG.
- Make your selections and click Download
For formatting or display help please check out Looker's documentation here.
BI reports can now be emailed on a set schedule from Canix. Select the Filters tab to set custom filters per schedule in order to send sales representatives their personal dashboards, partners or brands their current or sold inventory, or accountants for month-end reporting. Multiple schedules can be set per report or filter configuration, and edited once created.
- Navigate to the report you wish to be emailed
- Select the ellipses in the top right of the report, select Schedule Delivery
- Under the Settings Tab, you can set how often the report will be sent and to whom
- Under the Filter Tab, it should auto-fill with the data included in the initial report. However, you can edit the filters as necessary for each report.
- After all settings and filters have been adjusted select Save to schedule the report for delivery.