During harvest, the state asks that cultivators keep track of (1) each individual plant that was harvested and (2) the weight of all plants in a harvest (often referred to as the “wet weight”).
Harvest Summary - Active Harvests. Shows the list of completed Harvests
Unsubmitted Harvests and Manicures - List of Harvests in progress, but have not been submitted to Canix as being finished.
Quick Actions - Create Harvest and Create Harvest Waste
Plant weight is the “wet weight” of the plant(s) when cut. The weight includes stem, stalk, leaves, and flower.
Steps from the Mobile Application
- Select Harvests > Quick Actions > Create Harvest
- Enter a Harvest Name. A best practice is to name the harvest with the Strain Name - Date Harvested. Each harvest should have a unique name in Canix. If your new harvest has the same name as a previous harvest, you will receive an error when submitting the harvest to Metrc.
Note: Metrc is case-sensitive. Harvest names, items, transfers, strains, etc. with a lower case and others with an upper case name are considered different.
- Enter the Location where the harvest is drying.
- Enter Strain - all plants from a harvest must be from the same strain. It doesn't matter which batch you choose to harvest plants from, as long as the plants are all from the same strain.
- Select a Weight Unit from the dropdown menu.
- Enter a Harvest Date. You can go back and work on unsubmitted harvests at any time. Change the submission date to the date submitted once finished entering plants.
- Select Add Harvest Contents. This is where you move to the second page. This page will allow you to input flowering plant tag numbers that you intend to harvest.
- Select the red circle with the white plus (This is take you to the page that will allow you to add the plant tag information for you harvest.)
- Select plants to add.
- Type or Scan barcodes. Canix also supports connected scales.
- Enter Plant Weight: Hang your plant, weigh it (making sure to change the unit of measure on your to the correct unit to grams, ounces, pounds, etc.)
Continue adding harvested plants until all is complete. This can include scanning the barcodes using the in-app barcode scanner or entering the last four digits of the flowering plant's tag number.
Select Submit Harvest to Metrc. This will submit all of your harvest data, syncing your data with Metrc.