Inventory Availability provides a clear view of package quantities available to sell. Easily create Sales Orders directly from Inventory Availability for available packages or by item name. Inventory Availability allows users to create Custom Views for reports specific to business needs or utilize our default views. Packages with test results from Confident Cannabis or Metrc will also now reflect in the side panel when selecting an item name.
To view a summary of available and ordered inventory in your facility, navigate to Inventory > Availability on the Canix Web Application.
To identify the inventory summarized in each column, you can also mouse over the information icon at the top of each column in the report:
- Total: All Active packages, regardless of whether or not they are allocated to a sales order. All packages in the packages > active table are summed in this column.
- Available: The Total quantity minus the Ordered quantity. This is the quantity available to place future orders from, or for use when processing inventory.
- Ordered: Total quantity ordered on sales orders that have a status of Created, Approved or Filled. Packages do not need to be added to a sales order for the quantity to populate in this column. If the sales order status changes to Shipped, Accepted or Archived, or if a transfer is created with an arrival date before today's date, the ordered quantity will be no longer be displayed in this column as an active order.
- Allocated: Packages allocated to a sales order with a status of Created, Approved or Filled, or on a transfer with an arrival time that has not yet passed.
Once a transfer date has passed, the allocated package will no longer be displayed in this Total column.
If the sales order status is changed to Shipped, Accepted or Archived, the package will be removed from the Allocated column but will remain in your Total Inventory. To remove the package from your total inventory, a transfer must be created.
- All - All inventory availability columns are displayed by default in this report. View total Active quantities, as well as total Available to Sell quantities in one place.
- Active Inventory - If not managing "Available to Sell" inventory separately from other inventory of the same name, use this report to view all Active packages, regardless of testing or available for sale status.
- Available to Sell - Packages manually or automatically marked available for sale can be viewed separately from all active packages in this reporting view. Read more on how to manage available to sale inventory here.
- Orders to Fill - View the difference between Ordered and Allocated quantities per item to track Unfilled quantities ready for fulfillment.
More information regarding Saved Views can be found here.
Creating a Sales Order
Sales Orders can now be created directly from the item's side panel by selecting the packages to be sold. Items can also be selected from the Inventory Availability table to create sales orders without packages specified. Watch the video linked at the beginning of this article starting at the 7:30 minute mark to learn more about creating sales orders from this report.
- Navigate to Inventory > Availability
- Select one or more Items, to be added to a Sales Order. Note: The number of items selected will show at the top of the report as "XX" rows selected.
- Then select, Actions > Create Sales Order
This will create a New Sales Order with the Line Items previously selected listed.
Alternatively you can add packages directly to a Sales Order.
- Navigate to Inventory > Availability
- Click on an Item to open the Item side panel
- Navigate to Total (Marked for Sale). Here you will find all active packages marked available for sale in this facility.
- Check the desired packages and select Marked as Selected
- Continue this process for all items until all necessary packages have been selected.
- After confirming the correct number of packages have been selected, Navigate to Actions > Create Sales Order.
This will create a New Sales Order with the Line Items and allocated packages previously selected listed.
Learn more about Creating and Managing Sales Orders here.
Confident Cannabis and Metrc lab results are now displayed per package in the side panel when selecting an item name. If Metrc lab results are available, these will be displayed instead of Confident Cannabis results.
Marked Available for Sale
Packages in Metrc Facilities that have passed testing, will now automatically be "Marked Available for Sale". This is an optional feature and can be disabled in Facility Management, requiring users to manually mark packages as available for sale.
This is a setting that can be controlled on each facility under Admin > Facility Management > select a facility > scroll to the bottom for the option labeled “Mark Tested Packages as Sellable". If this option is disabled, packages will not be marked available to sell automatically, and can be managed manually.
Learn more about Managing Marked Available for Sale Packages here.