Easily print custom labels with Canix by navigating to the side menu on the left and scrolling down to Tags & Labels > Print Labels > Custom.
For the most up-to-date guide on installing QZ Tray and connecting your printer to Canix, please see this article: QZ Tray Setup Guide for Canix Tags & Labels
Creating a Label
Once your printer is set up, you should be able to select this from the Printer drop-down in the top right of Canix.
- Select which type of label to print: Package, Plant Batch, or Plant
- If printing more than 1 tag number, enter the number of tags to generate in a sequence in the "# of Labels" field.
- Start typing in the tag field to begin searching for a tag number and select from the results, or copy and paste a tag number into this field. Click on the tag number in the dropdown to load the field data and activate the Available Fields box and Print button.
- Note: If printing more than 1 label, the ending tag number will be displayed below the tag field.
- Begin selecting auto-generated fields related to the tag type to display the inventory details on the tag preview to the right.
- To adjust the auto-generated field sizes, positions, or rotation, select the text in the label preview and use the controls above the label (+, -, or rotating icon).
- Text size is 8pt font by default. To resize the text size, use the +/- button above the label preview to increase/decrease the text size.
- Each increase/decrease changes the font size by 1 pixel (~0.5 pt changes in font size)
- To reach 6pt font, the text size can be decreased 6 times (select the - button 6 times)
- Set the dimensions of the labels you will be printing on inside of the label preview.
- Verify what the final print will look like by clicking the Preview Label tab. Elements like QR Codes, borders, or barcodes may change positions after they're rendered during the print process.
- Select Print in the top right to print straight for Canix. You can also save your labels as ZPL commands, EPL commands, or PDFs.
- PDFs are printed through your system's usual printing operation. Some label makers cannot handle large files like PDFs, so consult your manual for details on printing PDFs with your specific printer.
Tip: Don't see details for an auto-generated field populate? Check the package or plant tag in the Active Packages report or Plant reporting to verify that information is in Canix.
To add custom text fields, like warnings or messages, select +Add Text Field to Label at the bottom of the auto-generated fields list
To add a logo or warning symbol, select the Logo or Custom Image option below the auto-generated fields list and upload the image from your device. The logo stored here does not affect the logo you use on invoices.