SerialIO Bluetooth Adapter
The SerialIO Adapter broadcasts its current status with the LEDs on the front of the device. There are three lights: one indicating power/charging, one for Bluetooth status, and another for Bluetooth data transmission.
Flashing Green: Waiting for connection to Bluetooth device.
Solid Green: Connected to Bluetooth device.
Flashing Blue: Connected to Bluetooth device, and transmitting data
If you do not see any lights, make sure the adapter is properly charged. The adapter will still work when plugged into its power source, so we recommend keeping it plugged in at all times.
Reset the connection
Reset the connection so the cycle can restart.
- Turn off Bluetooth on your mobile device.
- Power cycle your mobile device and scale. Before turning the scale back on, check the physical connection between the adapter and the scale. Ensure the pins are all connected and not bent.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your mobile device.
- Connect to the scale through the Canix app, not your mobile device's settings.
If the light turns blue intermittently, or wiggles, then it's likely the port is damaged and the adapter will need to be stabilized when plugged in to stay connected. You can either use tape or another tool to stabilize the adapter, or purchase a new adapter.
Data is not being sent from the adapter
- Check if the green light on the adapter is lit when plugged into the scale. If not:
- Make sure the adapter is powered on and receiving power (either through the battery or charging cable)
- Unplug the adapter from the scale. If the light starts flashing green, connect to the adapter from the Canix app before re-connecting the adapter to the scale.
- If the blue light on the adapter is not flashing, make sure you follow the reset instructions above.
SerialIO Adapter not shown in list of available devices
- Make sure your adapter is charged and turned on (i.e. flashing green light).
- The adapter can only be connected to one device at a time—ensure that you’ve disconnected all other scales and mobile devices before connecting with a new one. This includes the mobile device you are running Canix on.
- Remember, you are connecting to the Canix app, not the mobile device itself.
Adapter flashing but unable to connect to Canix App
If your Scale and Bluetooth dongle are able to connect, but the device running Canix is unable to connect, you may need to reset permissions on your device running Canix:
- In your device settings on your phone or tablet, find the Canix App Permissions. Depending on the device, they may be located in two different subsections, including locations and app permissions.
- Turn all Canix app permissions off/do not allow/never.
- In device settings, turn your device's Bluetooth off.
- Forget the SerialIO adapter from your device's Bluetooth connections.
- Restart the mobile device.
- Return to your device settings and enable all app permissions for Canix, including locations, etc.
- Return to your Bluetooth settings and turn it back on (do not try to connect to the dongle here).
- Reconnect from within the Canix app.