Creating QuickBooks Invoices
Invoices can be generated from sales orders in Canix to be viewed and printed from your QuickBooks Online account. The following steps outline how to create a QuickBooks invoice through Canix.
Connecting your QuickBooks Online account
To connect your QuickBooks Online account, navigate to Admin > Integrations > QuickBooks Online and select the Connect to QuickBooks button on the right to sign into your account.
Creating QuickBooks Invoices from Sales Orders
After you've created a sales order, open the existing sales order to now view options to generate invoices, record payments and create transfers.
- Hover over Generate Invoice and select Create QuickBooks Invoice
- Assign QuickBooks products to each product on your sales order with the Select QuickBooks Item link seen below the Canix item
- Enter the Send Invoice To email, Invoice Date, Payment Due Date, Delivery Date and Internal Notes (optional)
Note: The email entered in Send Invoice To is not emailed directly from Canix but is populated in the QuickBooks invoice when ready to be sent.
- Search or select the QuickBooks customer in the customer details on the right
- Once all fields have been filled out, click Send to create the invoice in QuickBooks
- The following fields will be created on the invoice and can be edited in QuickBooks: Invoice Date, Due Date, Shipping Date, QuickBooks and Canix Product, Item Quantity, Unit Price, Item Total, Discounts, Shipping and Subtotals.
Note: To include tax on the invoice, enter selected tax in the dropdown in QuickBooks.
You can now find the invoice in your QuickBooks Online account or through Canix.